<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
New Trend - Ripping Pierce 
SI.com - On the Boards: Time for Celtics to deal Pierce

Isn't this cute? An SI writer is trying to make name for himself as "edgy" and "irreverent" so he picks up on Sports Guy's lead and declares his earth shattering original idea! Wait for it...

...trade Paul Pierce.

Now collect yourself; pick yourself up off the floor. I know its shocking and all, but I guess we should just accept it and move on. Oh wait, there is the little matter of this guy having little credibility. And I guess this is what, the 50th time we've heard this suggestion? Oh yeah, and there's this other thing. I can think and formulate ideas on my own. Forgot about all that for a second.

I'm not going to waste time dissecting comments like "Ricky Davis is still nutty" and "Updating those ugly uniforms." I think they speak for themselves.

How about the fact that this guy offers no possible trade scenario? He doesn't even think to go into the potential return value on a player of Pierce's magnitude. Even if you think the guy is a pure scrub, his reputation alone would be enough to send GM's like Isaiah Thomas into a froth. Just because its become trendy to rip Paul doesn't mean he's worth a bag of balls and an SI fleece blanket.

You guys can criticize Simmons and his trade proposals, but at least he gave it a shot. He put it out there. This guy hides behind his "brutally honest" shtick and pretends that he's Barkley, shooting down teams with one-liners. Well, I find it brutal alright. Brutal to read.

Now don't get me wrong. I am a Paul guy. I like him and I think that he could be a champion someday. Does that mean I think he's untouchable and I'm just being bitter because he's calling out my boy? No and no. I'd trade Paul today, for the right price. My price is higher than some people's, but that's fine with me. I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time. But at least I won't be unoriginal.

# posted by Jeff @ 1/11/2005 08:04:00 AM - Message Board

This Web site is a Boston Celtics fan site and is not affiliated with the Boston Celtics or the National Basketball Association. This is not an official news source and, as such, information on this site should not be considered as fact. More specifically: I'm only kidding, so don't sue me. All content on this site, excepting that which has been attributed from another source, are copyright © 2004 CelticsBlog.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com