<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Friday, August 12, 2005
Clippers Want Pierce 
From Sam Amico:
Three sources told me in the last two days that the Clips have approached Boston about the availibility of Paul Pierce. That's all they said. I'll have a story in the morning.
Here is the story.

If this is the case, I hope that they would now be willing to include Livingston in the deal. (It was reported that when they asked about Pierce in the past, the C's asked about Livingston and were hung up on) Wilcox just had his gun charges dropped in court. Maybe they think he's more marketable now. I wonder about the timing of this interest.

I don't think the Clips would have to match salaries as they are under the cap. They could take on extra salary to make it work. Before you snort up in your coffee, remember that they were ready to break the bank for Kobe last year and Ray Allen this year. As Amico points out, they just signed Mobley, so any deal would likely see Maggette going out. A Brand, Pierce, Mobley lineup is pretty strong.

I'm not a huge fan of Marko Jaric, so a sign-and-trade is not my idea of a great add-on. In fact, it is hard for me to come up with a package other than Livingston and Maggette for Pierce and Banks. You can play with adding in Wilcox and/or Kaman on their side and maybe some more young players on our side. I think the Clippers would break the bank for Pierce, but I really doubt that they would take our bad salaries too.

So that's the rumor to think about over the weekend. We'll see if anything develops from it and of course you can always find the latest here.

# posted by Jeff @ 8/12/2005 07:02:00 AM - Message Board

This Web site is a Boston Celtics fan site and is not affiliated with the Boston Celtics or the National Basketball Association. This is not an official news source and, as such, information on this site should not be considered as fact. More specifically: I'm only kidding, so don't sue me. All content on this site, excepting that which has been attributed from another source, are copyright © 2004 CelticsBlog.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com