<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Monday, July 25, 2005
Roller Coaster Rant 
The only way I could think of starting this post was this:

AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I feel better now. Well, a little at least. I'm just all mixed up and confused. No, its not girl problems. It's got nothing to do with my relationship with my mother (but thanks for asking Dr. Freud). It's just my first love that's causing me heartache. There have been ups and plenty of downs, but seldom has there been so many ups and downs in such a short period.

I won't bore you with a long history of all the moves that have been made since Ainge took over, flipping the roster over like flapjacks. If you are reading this site, you already know all of that and perhaps more than I do. You see, I'm so saturated with information about this team, that I sometimes forget large chunks of that information. It doesn't help that I'm starting to wonder what information I can trust and what I shouldn't. I'm not even sure I want to. You see, if Chris Wallace's agent says that Paul is being shopped, then I would expect and hope that Danny and Doc would deny it. It makes no sense for them to admit that they are.

But where does this leave me as a fan? Twisted, disoriented, confused, I could go one but I'm starting to feel like I'm stuck in a U2 song ("uno, dos, tres, catorce").

Look at what's transpired in just the past several months. First Paul's unhappy, then Ainge brings back Antoine who turns out to be superman. Great! Then operation meltdown occurs in the playoffs (yet they still manage a game 7). Not so great. The draft shows that its better to be lucky than good and even better still to be both. Great! Next we have the summer league where the team is great and not so great, sometimes in the same game. Finally, we sign Veal. I still don't know how to take that one (solid signing or waste of time/money).

And those are just the things we KNOW happened. Mix in every rumor under the sun along the way. Is Danny really shopping Paul? And by "shopping" I really mean "playing coy" and hinting around the fact to GMs that he could be available if they really want him.

Do the Celtics really want Antoine Walker back? What price would they be happy with? On this subject alone I've gone from being 100% sure he was gone to 80% sure he'd be back and everything in between.

Is there any chance that we'll see the Blountiful one in green ever again? Is there any chance that he could be dumped off on someone else? Is there any chance he won't come back 110% better on another team just to spite us?

And don't get me started on the list of free agents we've flirted with (at least in theory). How about trades? Do any of the recent rumors make any sense whatsoever? Were they ever serious about Bonzi Wells? Is Vlad Radmonovic the better shooting frontcourt player we heard about? Maybe these things would make more sense if I was feeling sane. Maybe.

The wait is killing me though. Operation Lock-lip or whatever you want to call it is not helping matters either. Though again, I wouldn't want the C's brass leaking info all over the net anyway (unless it was for a purpose). I guess I just really want the signing period to begin as soon as possible so we can finally get some answers. Of course, there's definitely no guarantee that we'll do anything at that point, but we'll at least be able to.

My heart, head, and intuition all tell me something is coming. We can't roll with what we have. The most unsurprising move we could make at this point would be to sign Walker and start the season pretty much as is. Still, as reasonable as that is, I just can't wrap my mind around it. There has to be something else brewing. And I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Then again, don't listen to me. I'm just a little unbalanced right now. Thanks for reading my rant. I feel a little better now.

# posted by Jeff @ 7/25/2005 08:20:00 AM - Message Board

This Web site is a Boston Celtics fan site and is not affiliated with the Boston Celtics or the National Basketball Association. This is not an official news source and, as such, information on this site should not be considered as fact. More specifically: I'm only kidding, so don't sue me. All content on this site, excepting that which has been attributed from another source, are copyright © 2004 CelticsBlog.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com