<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Friday, July 15, 2005
Don't Panic (Again) 
No, I'm not going to bore you with another Hitchhikers Guide analogy. I'm really saying, don't panic when you hear some things without reading on. For instance...

Pierce, Doc, and Danny will NOT meet in Vegas! - Story in Herald
Trouble with a capital "T" or just "an unfortunate series of events?" The latter it seems. Turns out it was just a scheduling thing. "It would have been nice to sit down and talk out here, but I'm sure we'll get it done soon," said Ainge. "I'm not worried about it." I'm hoping they do sit down to meet eventually, but I'm not reading too much into it.

Delonte hurt again! C's resort to using Allen & Reed at the point!
West merely "tweaked" his ankle and for precautionary purposes the team held him out of the game. Between that and Orien Greene being out with surgery, the team was down to one point guard and filled in the best they could. I know the Jiri Welsch experiment went over like a lead zeppelin last year, but there is something to be said for giving people a taste of different positions when you are deep in the summer and working on their games. I know its a different sport, but this philosophy worked well for the Pats. On the other hand, the point position is a unique beast and I hope with everyone else that Flash and Cash are healthy and much improved on their games come opening day.

Perkins and Jefferson struggling in Vegas!
Until last night. In a bit of a role reversal, Perkins put on an offensive show while Jefferson came with the defense. That is absolute music to my ears. Perk had been reportedly working on his short jumper, and it finally showed last night. We knew that Al's biggest challenge last year was learning the defense. Glad to hear him making progress. They are still young and will have some yips, but I'm happy to see that they are still improving all the time.

So these things aren't as bad as they may appear in bold print. Still, I'm sure that there are plenty of other things we as fans can worry about. Like how Gerald Green really isn't anywhere close to contributing to the team in the near future. I now return you to your regularly scheduled panic attack.

By the way, as reported yesterday, Ryan Gomes agreed to a 2 year deal, similar to the one that Justin Reed signed last year. They keep refering to him as the steal of the draft (after Green) and I hear nothing but glowing remarks about him thus far.

# posted by Jeff @ 7/15/2005 08:21:00 AM - Message Board

This Web site is a Boston Celtics fan site and is not affiliated with the Boston Celtics or the National Basketball Association. This is not an official news source and, as such, information on this site should not be considered as fact. More specifically: I'm only kidding, so don't sue me. All content on this site, excepting that which has been attributed from another source, are copyright © 2004 CelticsBlog.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com