<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Tuesday, June 21, 2005
INCONCEIVABLE 
Whenever I think of Danny Ainge and Chad Ford having a phone conversation, somehow I picture it going something like this:

Chad: So, I hear you have given Ukic a promise at 18.
Ainge: Ludicrous
Chad: Come on, you can tell me, I won't say a word.
Ainge: No matter what I say to you, you are going to use it to prove your theory, aren't you? How about I just tell you the truth and you can do with it what you want?
Chad: Inconceivable!
Ainge: I don't think that word means what you think it means.
Chad: Now, a clever GM would never tell me the truth straight out.
Ainge: Ok, then I'm lying.
Chad: Ahh, but only a fool would fall for such an obvious ploy by a clever GM. You know that I know you are a clever GM, and I know that you know that I am no fool, so clearly you must not be lying.
Ainge: Your logic is dizzying.
Chad: I'm just getting started! Now I know that you said you were going to draft Marcus Banks and Kendrick Perkins, and you did. So clearly you must be telling the truth. Still, you said that you were going to take Robert Swift and influenced Seattle's decision to take him, pushing Al Jefferson down to you, so clearly you must be lying to help your draft position.
Ainge: Now you're just stalling.
Chad: You told the world that you didn't like Antoine Walker's game and you traded him away, so clearly you must be telling the truth. However, you also traded to get him again so clearly you must be lying. Then again, you might not resign him so clearly you must be telling the truth!
Ainge: Are we done here?
Chad: Yes! I know exactly what you are going to do on draft night! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only slightly less well known is this: "Never go in against an Insider, when *draft rumors* are on the line.". Hahahahahah.
[dialtone]

Daily Mock Peek: DraftExpress (6/20): Ilyasova | NBADraft.net (6/20): Ukic

For more "yup, its the offseason" humor, see the Cheap Seats section.

Update: If you want all-Chad-all-the-time then this is the day for you. He'll be chatting at ESPN at 1:00 PM and on the radio with the Diehards later today (sometime between 3 and 5?)

# posted by Jeff @ 6/21/2005 06:40:00 AM - Message Board

This Web site is a Boston Celtics fan site and is not affiliated with the Boston Celtics or the National Basketball Association. This is not an official news source and, as such, information on this site should not be considered as fact. More specifically: I'm only kidding, so don't sue me. All content on this site, excepting that which has been attributed from another source, are copyright © 2004 CelticsBlog.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com